Christmas At North Wake
Children's Christmas Message
Sunday, Dec. 23rd (One Service - 10:45am)
Pastor Larry will be bringing a special children’s Christmas message and we will sing carols. No Children's Classes.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
Monday, Dec. 24th (4:30pm)
Come gather with the church and bring your family and friends as we celebrate the coming of the Christ through scripture readings, carols, and the lighting of the Christ candle! The service will begin at 4:30pm. This is a family event so no childcare will be provided.
December 30th - New Year's Sunday
Sunday, Dec. 30th (Two Services - 9am & 10:45am)
There will be children's classes birth to Pre-K.
- Celebrating the Waiting: Why Advent Still Matters (by Timothy Paul Jones) This helpful article addresses Advent in the church.
- An Advent Prayer for Parents and Grandparents (by Scotty Smith) A great reminder to pray for our children and grandchildren during the season of Advent.
- Looking Back: Advent Candles (by Noel Piper) Helpful info for parents on addressing Advent with younger children.
- The Expected One (by Scott James) This is a daily, advent resource for the whole family. You can purchase this resource to download at this link.
The Dawning of Indestructible Joy: Daily Readings for Advent (by John Piper).
- The Season of Advent (by The Village Church).
- Come Lord Jesus Come - An Advent Devotional (by Providence Church).
The Advent Project is an online resource with scripture, devotionals, art, video, and music — that helps us remember the mystery of the incarnation and the Word made flesh.
Family Advent Activity Ideas
- Jesse Tree Advent Devotional (by Ann Voskamp) Each day contains a devotional to be read aloud as a family, a simple action point, and a printable color ornament.
- Free Printable Advent Coloring Book - This one is great for younger children!
- Advent Jesus StoryBook Resource
- Behold the Lamb of God: An Advent Narrative (by Russ Ramsey)
Family Advent Recommended Books to Purchase
This four-week devotional guides your family on an unforgettable advent journey, exploring some of the most wonderful prophecies in the Bible and how God fulfills them in Christ.
Each day, families can read the provided Scripture passage (in connection with the original book), engage with a specially written devotion to help children of all ages understand the Advent theme for the day, and participate in suggested activities to apply the theme.
"Counting the Days, Lighting the Candles" is a Christmas Advent Devotional to help you and your family rejoice and rest in the holiday season. Beginning with December 1 and all through the month, you'll find separate readings for adults and children for each day. Also included are 4 activity suggestions that will enhance your family's experience of this blessed holiday season.
A captivating retelling of the Christmas story showing how God kept His promise to send a new King.