Christmas At North Wake
Children's Christmas Carol Extravaganza
Sunday, Dec. 17th (9am & 10:45am)
Everyone is invited and any child 4 years to 5th grade can participate!
Calling ALL Singers, Narrators & Instrumentalists! (3rd through 5th Grade)
Singers & Narrators (3rd through 5th Grade)
There are several solos and special narrations that will be a part of our Children's Christmas Extravaganza!
Auditions for those solos and narrations will take place Sunday morning December 3rd during Sunday School.
Those children wishing to audition for a solo should be prepared to sing a Christmas song (Joy to the World, Away in a Manger, Jingle Bells, etc).
Narrators will be asked to read a short portion of the Christmas story from Luke 2. Parts will be assigned during the week of December 4-8.
Instrumentalists (3rd through 5th Grade)
- There will also be opportunities for instrumentalists to play during the program.
- If you play piano, guitar, flute, violin, kazoo, or any other instrument, we would love to hear you play a Christmas Hymn: Silent Night, O Come All ye Faithful, What Child is This, Come Thou Long Expected Jesus, any Christmas hymn.
- Auditions will take place during the week of December 4-8 and can be scheduled by contacting our worship pastor Daniel Creswell ( ).
Children's Christmas Message
Sunday, Dec. 24th (One Service - 9am)
Pastor Larry will be bringing a special children’s Christmas message and we will sing carols. No Children's Classes.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
Sunday, Dec. 24th (4:30pm)
Come gather with the church and bring your family and friends as we celebrate the coming of the Christ through scripture readings, carols, and the lighting of the Christ candle! The service will begin at 4:30pm. This is a family event so no childcare will be provided.
December 31st - New Year's Sunday
Sunday, Dec. 31st (Two Services - 9am & 10:45am)
There will be children's classes birth to Pre-K.
- Celebrating the Waiting: Why Advent Still Matters (by Timothy Paul Jones) This helpful article addresses Advent in the church.
- An Advent Prayer for Parents and Grandparents (by Scotty Smith) A great reminder to pray for our children and grandchildren during the season of Advent.
- Looking Back: Advent Candles (by Noel Piper) Helpful info for parents on addressing Advent with younger children.
- The Expected One (by Scott James) This is a daily, advent resource for the whole family. You can purchase this resource to download at this link.
The Dawning of Indestructible Joy: Daily Readings for Advent (by John Piper).
- The Season of Advent (by The Village Church).
- Come Lord Jesus Come - An Advent Devotional (by Providence Church).
The Advent Project is an online resource with scripture, devotionals, art, video, and music — that helps us remember the mystery of the incarnation and the Word made flesh.
Family Advent Activity Ideas
- Jesse Tree Advent Devotional (by Ann Voskamp) Each day contains a devotional to be read aloud as a family, a simple action point, and a printable color ornament.
- Free Printable Advent Coloring Book - This one is great for younger children!
- Advent Jesus StoryBook Resource
- Behold the Lamb of God: An Advent Narrative (by Russ Ramsey)
Family Advent Recommended Books to Purchase
This four-week devotional guides your family on an unforgettable advent journey, exploring some of the most wonderful prophecies in the Bible and how God fulfills them in Christ.
Each day, families can read the provided Scripture passage (in connection with the original book), engage with a specially written devotion to help children of all ages understand the Advent theme for the day, and participate in suggested activities to apply the theme.
"Counting the Days, Lighting the Candles" is a Christmas Advent Devotional to help you and your family rejoice and rest in the holiday season. Beginning with December 1 and all through the month, you'll find separate readings for adults and children for each day. Also included are 4 activity suggestions that will enhance your family's experience of this blessed holiday season.
A captivating retelling of the Christmas story showing how God kept His promise to send a new King.