Light Up the Night - October 31st
This October 31st
light up the night!
Do you want to reach as many people as you possibly can this year? You will not likely receive another opportunity as great as Oct. 31st. Halloween brings massive numbers of children (and their parents) to your door, waiting to receive a treat. Be sure to Light up the Night this year by turning on your porch light and passing out the greatest gift of all, the Good News of Jesus Christ. Below you will find a few ideas and other resources your family/small group can use to Light Up the Night!
- Have your children pick out a favorite bible verse. Attach this verse along with a gospel tract to each pack of Candy given out.
- Encourage your children to memorize John 3:16. While trick or treating, have them share this verse with the person at the door along with a tract before they receive any candy.
- We've included at the top of this page, a link for an invitation that will point people towards The Story Gospel presentation (www.yourpartinthestory.com). Click HERE to download the printable flyer we've made.
- Have your children pick out a Bible hero to dress up as they go house to house. Have them hand the person at the door a homemade card with the verse where the person appears in the scriptures.
- Purchase 2 pumpkins. On one pumpkin you can carve a cross and on another pumpkin carve a key scripture reference. Set these pumpkins on your doorstep so visitors can view them.
- Put out a hot cocoa table out front of your house. Type up scripture verses and print off labels to put on the cups. Stand by the table and offer cups of cocoa to the adults coming around with their children trick or treating to encourage spiritual conversations.
**We will have Children's Tracts available for pick up in the
Church Lobby October 29th.**