A Prayer Guide for Jake & Chelle Mason
October 4th and 5th
- Please pray that Jake and I would be safe. We have 4 flights with 1 airport transfer (30 hours total travel) – RDU to DC : DC to Ethiopia : Ethiopia to Nairobi : Nairobi to Diani Beach.
- Pray that we stay in good spirits and as with any tired, traveling spouses, that we would strive to serve; be patient with one another and avoid annoyance; frustration (Phil 2:14).
- Pray that ALL our bags make it with us and that our transitions are easy.
October 5th – 8th
- Pray that we would encourage and serve the North Wakers, Michael and Melissa with excellence putting their needs above our own (Phil. 2:1-11).
- Pray for opportunities and boldness to share the gospel (Col. 4:2-6).
- Michael and Melissa have yet to determine specifically how they want us to help serve their people group so pray for our flexibility and spontaneous preparedness (2 Tim 4:1-2).
October 8th – 13th
(A “bucket list,” personal excursion in the middle of the trip).
- Pray for our personal time of refreshment as we do a tented safari in the Masai Mara.
- Pray for safety as we fly on very small planes with dirt airstrips.
- Pray that our love for one another would grow even deeper.
- Pray that the stunning beauty of God’s creation would prompt us to awe-filled worship of the Creator (Ps. 136:1-9).
October 13th – 18th
- Pray for our safety as we fly and drive to Ethiopia to stay with NWer, Jen.
- Pray that Jake and Chelle would love her and her team well and serve them to our fullest capacity.
- Pray that Chelle will be able to encourage our sister in any way needed (1 Thes. 5:11).
- Pray for us both as we have been asked to lead a day retreat for the team (6 single ladies and 1 married couple).
- Pray that they would be built up, revived, and loved well (Eph. 4:29; John 13:34).
October 18th –19th
- Pray as we begin our travels back home. We fly from Ethiopia at 7:30pm to Nairobi: Nairobi to New York : New York to RDU (25 hours total travel time).
- Pray that we would quickly get over any jet lag and get back to our normal patterns of rest (Ps. 127:2b).