The fall of each year our elders go away for a retreat to discern what we believe should be our top priority in terms of focussed spiritual growth for the coming year.
This past Sunday (1/7/18) I presented that priority in the morning’s sermon. You can give it a listen here:
2018 NW Annual Priority
Key Word: Bought
- Bumper Sticker: Bought: We Belong to Christ!
- Full statement of priority: to be captivated by the truth that we belong to Christ and that we are His people…
- such that, (these are the markers we are looking for increase in this year)
- …we would be in awe of this privilege (delight)
- …we would respond in willing obedience
- …we would invite others to join us! (evangelism)
- Key verse:
- 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20 You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
- pray for apprehension of the privilege of being in God’s family and for increased delight in that!
- pray for increased obedience in response to the privilege of belonging to Christ!
- pray for an increased desire and opportunity to invite others into this relationship with Christ
Here’s another good resource on this theme that was brought to my attention:
This idea of being “bought” by God and being slaves of God will be coming up a lot this year! Pray for an open heart for you and for our whole church family to this challenging teaching. Pray that we we gladly submit to the lordship of our good Master, King Jesus!